Post projects MY 2018/19 cotton fiber production to rise to 725,000 bales (480 lb.) based on steady yield increases and the anticipation of continued government price supports for growers. MY 2018/19 exports are projected at 650,000 bales to reflect increased domestic supply and growing global demand. Local use remains limited at 50,000 bales. Indications from the current year’s crop are that the quality of Ivoirian cotton continues to improve, with an estimated two-thirds of the crop considered first-quality. This is partially due to seasonal variables, but after years of neglect during recurring political crises, a cotton sector which was once one of the region’s most productive and quality-conscious is currently experiencing renewed interest and investment.
Cote d’Ivoire: Cotton and Products Annual
- Uzbekistan’s cotton exports declining — AKIPRESS.COM – Export of cotton by Uzbekistan in 2018 significantly declined compared to the previous year and made 1.6% in overall exports. Uzbekistan exported 115,600 tons of cotton for $222.1 million in 2018, according to the State Statistics Committee. In 2015, cotton exports made 5.9% of exports with 503,800 tons of cotton exported. In 2016, the [...]
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 23/01/2019 — Cotton futures rise on hopes of U.S.-China trade deal Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε με άνοδο την Τετάρτη καθώς υπήρξε και πάλι αισιοδοξία για αίσιο τέλος της εμπορικής διαμάχης ΗΠΑ-Κίνας. ICE Futures January 23, 2019: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1367 DTN Cotton Close: Higher on Technical Rebound Το χρηματιστήριο ανέβηκε την Τετάρτη χωρίς να μπορέσει να κρατήσει όμως [...]
- Cotton remains main raw material for ... — By Abdul Kerimkhanov Cotton, or how it is also called “white gold”, occupies the main part in textile exports of Tajikistan. The specialized departments of Tajikistan reported a significant increase in the amount of exports of textile materials and products in 2018. However, statistics on the export of this product indicate that more than 70 percent [...]
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 22/01/2019 — DTN Cotton Close: Sharply Lower on Bearish Data Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε με πτώση την Τρίτη καθώς υπήρξαν αρνητικές ειδήσεις για την παγκόσμια οικονομία, με κυριότερη ότι η ανάπτυξη στην Κίνα θα είναι 6,6%, η χαμηλότερη τα τελευταία 29 χρόνια. ICE Futures January 22, 2019: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1354 HIGH GRADE SHORTAGE BEGINS TO HAVE MAJOR [...]
- HIGH GRADE SHORTAGE BEGINS TO HAVE MA... — Amid the US/China trade war and the slowdown in the Chinese economy, a major crisis appears to be developing in the makeup of the 2018/19 exportable crops. The combination of the excessive rainfall at harvest in the US and untimely rains in the producing areas of other exporters, along with a drought in Australia, has [...]