In Sep, new crop year has kicked off in China. By Sep 7, seed cotton has started to be harvested in most cotton growing areas of inland, and some new cotton has been transacted. In Turpan of Xinjiang, new seed cotton also starts to be picked and transacted. Modest quantity of new cotton has arrived on the market in Marabishi, Xinjiang, and seed cotton prices are obviously higher than last year.
Cotton planting and harvests in inland:
In most cotton growing areas of inland, seed cotton has arrived on the market successively in Hebei, Shandong, Tianjin, Anhui, Henan and Hubei, and prices are much higher than last year, but different based on quality and regions.
Compared with the prices in 2017, seed cotton prices in inland are higher about 0.60yuan/kg this year in general, which is mainly owing to higher planting costs this year.
The ginning yield also differs obviously in different regions. The highest ginning yield is in Tianjin, and the proportion of seed cotton with ginning yield of 40% and above is relatively high, and prices are also high. Ginning yield in Hubei is relatively low, below 37%. Shandong province sees large differences. Gansu has no new cotton on the market, but the prices can refer to the prices of Xinjiang cotton.
Currently, profits for ginning factories are limited. Due to thin profits and even losses, some ginners choose to stand on the sidelines first. Besides, some mills turn to purchase reserved cotton instead of new cotton due to high prices.
CHINA: High seed cotton prices and ginning costs in early 2018/19
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 18/09/2018 — DTN Cotton Close: Sharply Lower on Speculative Exodus Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε με μεγάλες απώλειες την Τρίτη, καθώς οι κερδοσκόποι ρευστοποιούσαν μαζικά τα συμβόλαια τους μετά τη νέα κλιμάκωση στον εμπορικό πόλεμο ΗΠΑ-Κίνας. Την Τρίτη η κυβέρνηση Τράμπ ανακοίνωσε νέους δασμούς σε κινεζικά προϊόντα αξίας 200 δισεκατομμυρίων δολαρίων και η Κίνα απάντησε με δασμούς αμερικανικών [...]
- Cotton Spin: Remaining old crop uncer... — September surprise: U.S. cotton adjustments John Robinson 1 The USDA’s September revisions of 2018/19 world cotton supply and demand involved some month-over-month additions to foreign supplies and ending stocks. World production was raised in China, Brazil, and the U.S., which together outweighed a cut in Australia. The net increase in production outweighed reductions in Indian carry-in [...]
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 17/09/2018 — DTN Cotton Close: Lower on Listless Trade Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε χαμηλότερα τη Δευτέρα με πολύ μικρό όγκο συναλλαγών. Μέχρι στιγμής η τροπική καταιγίδα Florence άφησε ανεπηρέαστο το χρηματιστήριο, ενώ οι πραγματικές ζημιές θα καταγραφούν στην πρόβλεψη Οκτωβρίου του USDA. ICE Futures September 17, 2018: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1671 USA: Crop Progress Εβδομαδιαία ανακοίνωση για την [...]
- USA: Crop Progress — Released September 17, 2018, by the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Agricultural Statistics Board, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Cotton Bolls Opening - Selected States [These 15 States planted 98% of the 2017 cotton acreage] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ : Week ending : :-----------------------------------------: State :September 16,:September 9, :September 16,: 2013-2017 : 2017 : 2018 : 2018 [...]
- India’s 2018-19 forward cotton ... — In 2017-18, India could not sign as many forward contracts since cotton availability was restricted. Pune: India’s forward export contracts of cotton have more than doubled from about seven lakh bales in September 2017, driven by increased demand from China, lower domestic prices and depreciation of the rupee. Traders said exports would go up in this financial year [...]