In Sep, new crop year has kicked off in China. By Sep 7, seed cotton has started to be harvested in most cotton growing areas of inland, and some new cotton has been transacted. In Turpan of Xinjiang, new seed cotton also starts to be picked and transacted. Modest quantity of new cotton has arrived on the market in Marabishi, Xinjiang, and seed cotton prices are obviously higher than last year.
Cotton planting and harvests in inland:
In most cotton growing areas of inland, seed cotton has arrived on the market successively in Hebei, Shandong, Tianjin, Anhui, Henan and Hubei, and prices are much higher than last year, but different based on quality and regions.
Compared with the prices in 2017, seed cotton prices in inland are higher about 0.60yuan/kg this year in general, which is mainly owing to higher planting costs this year.
The ginning yield also differs obviously in different regions. The highest ginning yield is in Tianjin, and the proportion of seed cotton with ginning yield of 40% and above is relatively high, and prices are also high. Ginning yield in Hubei is relatively low, below 37%. Shandong province sees large differences. Gansu has no new cotton on the market, but the prices can refer to the prices of Xinjiang cotton.
Currently, profits for ginning factories are limited. Due to thin profits and even losses, some ginners choose to stand on the sidelines first. Besides, some mills turn to purchase reserved cotton instead of new cotton due to high prices.
CHINA: High seed cotton prices and ginning costs in early 2018/19
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 22/07/2019 — DTN Cotton Close: Higher in Muted Trade Μετά τη μεγάλη άνοδο της Παρασκευής το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε ελαφρώς υψηλότερα τη Δευτέρα σε μια συνεδρίαση με χαμηλό όγκο συναλλαγών και κινούμενο σε στενά πλαίσια διακύμανσης. ICE Futures July 22 2019: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1215 Αφιέρωμα: Ευφυής γεωργία Η ευφυής γεωργία ήρθε για να μείνει Της Βικτωρίας Αποστολοπούλου Η παραγωγικότητα της [...]
- USA: Crop Progress — Released July 22, 2019, by the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Agricultural Statistics Board, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Cotton Squaring - Selected States [These 15 States planted 99% of the 2018 cotton acreage] ----------------------------------------------------------------- : Week ending : :-----------------------------------: State : July 21, : July 14, : July 21, : 2014-2018 : 2018 [...]
- Vietnam’s export revenue in Jan... — Vietnam’s export revenue during January-June this year totalled nearly $18 billion, up 8.61 per cent over the figure during the same period last year, according to the ministry of industry and trade. Of the total, shipments to the United States were worth over $11.7 billion, followed by those to the European Union ($2.56 billion) and Japan [...]
- Pink Bollworm Versus Bt Cotton: Three... — The caterpillar of the pink bollworm (Pectinophora gossypiella) destroys cotton yield by munching on the seeds in cotton bolls. (Photo credit: Alex Yelich, Department of Entomology, University of Arizona) By Leslie Mertz, Ph.D. Three countries used the same tactic to fight the same pest on the same crop, but they had wildly different results. Why? [...]
- All Party Parliamentary Group for Sus... — LONDON, July 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The new APPG has been formed by MPs from all sides of the political spectrum to interrogate the sustainability of the clothing and textiles industry, including supply chains, materials used and consumer behaviour. The formation of this group is timely as it follows the Government’s response to the Environmental Audit Committee’s [...]