In Sep, new crop year has kicked off in China. By Sep 7, seed cotton has started to be harvested in most cotton growing areas of inland, and some new cotton has been transacted. In Turpan of Xinjiang, new seed cotton also starts to be picked and transacted. Modest quantity of new cotton has arrived on the market in Marabishi, Xinjiang, and seed cotton prices are obviously higher than last year.
Cotton planting and harvests in inland:
In most cotton growing areas of inland, seed cotton has arrived on the market successively in Hebei, Shandong, Tianjin, Anhui, Henan and Hubei, and prices are much higher than last year, but different based on quality and regions.
Compared with the prices in 2017, seed cotton prices in inland are higher about 0.60yuan/kg this year in general, which is mainly owing to higher planting costs this year.
The ginning yield also differs obviously in different regions. The highest ginning yield is in Tianjin, and the proportion of seed cotton with ginning yield of 40% and above is relatively high, and prices are also high. Ginning yield in Hubei is relatively low, below 37%. Shandong province sees large differences. Gansu has no new cotton on the market, but the prices can refer to the prices of Xinjiang cotton.
Currently, profits for ginning factories are limited. Due to thin profits and even losses, some ginners choose to stand on the sidelines first. Besides, some mills turn to purchase reserved cotton instead of new cotton due to high prices.
CHINA: High seed cotton prices and ginning costs in early 2018/19
- U.S. EXPORT SALES FOR WEEK ENDING 11/... — Cotton: Net sales of 67,600 RB for 2018/2019 were down 26 percent from the previous week, but up noticeably from the prior 4-week average. Increases were reported for Pakistan (24,500 MT, including decreases of 2,000 RB), Vietnam (23,300 RB, including 6,200 RB switched from South Korea, 6,000 RB switched from Pakistan, 3,300 RB switched from Japan, 2,500 [...]
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 15/11/2018 — DTN Cotton Close: Slightly Lower in Spread Action Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε χαμηλότερα την Πέμπτη σε μια συνεδρίαση χωρίς τίποτα το ιδιαίτερο. ICE Futures November 15, 2018: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1305 ”Unexpected” U.S. cotton quality in 2018/19 season ΗΠΑ: Μετά από μια σαιζόν με ξηρασία και τυφώνες, φαίνεται τώρα πόσο αυτά επηρέασαν την ποιότητα του αμερικανικού [...]
- “Unexpected” U.S. cotton ... — After experiencing drought condition and hurricanes, U.S. cotton sees decline in its quality. This article analyzes the 2017/18 and 2018/19 cotton indicators, showing that the quality of 2018/19 cotton reduces much on color index, length, strength and leaf grade. For Micronaire Index, the proportion of low micronaire cotton reduces, that of standard micronaire cotton increases, [...]
- Wet Conditions Continue to Slow Texas... — By Adam Russell Rain continues to cause issues for cotton growers hoping to harvest their crops around the state, according to a Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service expert. Dr. Gaylon Morgan, AgriLife Extension state cotton specialist, said frequent 1- to 2-inch rains have continued to delay access to fields and cool, cloudy days are not offering ideal [...]
- BCI releases Better Cotton leaderboar... — BRETT MATHEWS LONDON – Better Cotton Initiative has released new leaderboards showing the world’s top users of Better Cotton. The world’s top five users by volume are H&M, Ikea, Adidas, Gap and Nike. Of these, Ikea and Adidas, along with Decathlon, are among brands that sourced at least 75 per cent of their cotton as [...]