Vietnam imported 141.2kt of cotton in Apr, 2019, up 14.6% year on year, but down 6% month on month. In Jan-Apr, cotton imports totaled 520.5kt, down 2.3% year on year, the first fall in four years. Based on current growth rate, the imports are forecast to be 1.52 million tons in 2019, down by 37kt from 2018.
1. Cotton imports increase in Apr y-o-y
2. US cotton imports hit a four-year high in Apr
In Jan-Apr, 2019, imports of US cotton totaled 307.9kt (up 18.79% year on year), that of Indian cotton were 74.8kt (-34.67%), Brazilian cotton 60.2kt (-24.76%), Australian cotton 14.6kt (79.99%).
Vietnam’s cotton imports rise by 14.6% y-o-y in Apr, 2019
- Several Australian brands switch to B... — Several Australian brands have switched to sustainable cotton sourcing and are keen to learn about where their raw materials are grown, said Michael Kobori from Levi Strauss & Co at a Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) Forum. Over 100 brands, retailers, NGOs, cotton scientists and farmers came together to learn about Australia’s sustainable cotton industry. “Australia plays a crucial [...]
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 23/05/2019 — Cotton futures rise following strong export sales, softer dollar Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκλεισε με άνοδο την Πέμπτη καθώς οι πολύ καλές νέες εβδομαδιαίες πωλήσεις βαμβακιού στις ΗΠΑ έδειξαν ότι υπάρχει ζήτηση για το βαμβάκι, παρά το εμπορικό πόλεμο και την άνοδο του δολαρίου. ICE Futures May 23, 2019: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1139 DTN Cotton Close: Finishes [...]
- U.S. Cotton Grateful for Additional T... — The National Cotton Council (NCC) has expressed appreciation to the Trump Administration for instituting a second round of trade mitigation payments for U.S. farmers. NCC Chairman Mike Tate said this round of assistance – like the first one initiated in 2018 – will help partially mitigate the impacts of retaliatory tariffs being placed on U.S. [...]
- India to regain top cotton producer s... — India is expected to regain the top-producer status in 2019-20 season, surpassing China, which became the leading cotton producer in 2018-19, according to the US department of agriculture (USDA). India’s cotton production during the season is forecast to increase by 3-million-bales to 28.5 million bales, while China is likely to produce 27.75 million bales. “For 2019-20, India’s [...]
- Togo cotton output up 17% in 2018/19 — LOME, May 23 (Reuters) – Togo’s cotton production in the 2018/19 season increased by 17% to 137,000 tonnes, the government said on Thursday, but fell short of its original target of 140,000 tonnes. Some 180,000 hectares were cultivated, up from 168,000 in 2017/18, said Nana Nanfame, director of the national agency overseeing the sector. Farmers [...]