Vietnam imported 141.2kt of cotton in Apr, 2019, up 14.6% year on year, but down 6% month on month. In Jan-Apr, cotton imports totaled 520.5kt, down 2.3% year on year, the first fall in four years. Based on current growth rate, the imports are forecast to be 1.52 million tons in 2019, down by 37kt from 2018.
1. Cotton imports increase in Apr y-o-y
2. US cotton imports hit a four-year high in Apr
In Jan-Apr, 2019, imports of US cotton totaled 307.9kt (up 18.79% year on year), that of Indian cotton were 74.8kt (-34.67%), Brazilian cotton 60.2kt (-24.76%), Australian cotton 14.6kt (79.99%).
Vietnam’s cotton imports rise by 14.6% y-o-y in Apr, 2019
- Ημερήσια νέα Βαμβακιού 15/08/2019 — Cotton futures hit 2-week high on solid U.S. export sales Το χρηματιστήριο βάμβακος έκανε υψηλό δύο εβδομάδων την Πέμπτη, καταγράφοντας κέρδη για Τρίτη συνεχόμενη συνεδρίαση. Ώθηση έδωσαν οι πολύ καλές νέες πωλήσεις που ανακοινώθηκαν. ICE Futures August 15 2019: Cotton Futures EUR/US$ 1.1150 DTN Cotton Close: Mixed in Slow Trade Παρά τις πολύ καλές νέες πωλήσεις που [...]
- U.S. EXPORT SALES FOR WEEK ENDING 8/8... — Cotton: Net sales of 329,100 RB for 2019/2020 were primarily for Bangladesh (120,400 RB), Vietnam (76,700 RB, including 400 RB switched from Japan), Turkey (41,900 RB, including decreases of 800 RB), Mexico (21,300 RB), and Malaysia (16,900 RB). Reductions were reported for China (13,300 RB). For 2019/2020, net sales of 151,200 RB were primarily for China (117,900 RB), [...]
- Cotton crops return to northern Austr... — By Tom Major, Amy McCosker, Lydia Burton and Amy Phillips Agronomist Simon Dunlop says with limited water in traditional growing areas, more cotton could come to northern Australia. (ABC Rural: Tom Major) While Australia’s traditional cotton growing regions struggle to get any of the crop planted due to drought, a slumping sugar price and demand for reliable irrigation areas for [...]
- These US farmers grow their cotton fo... — Each jean includes a unique wash, trim and patch that features the state’s patch along with the cotton farmer’s signature. John Hart Consumers can now know for sure the blue jeans they buy are made from U.S cotton. The Rooted Collection by Wrangler features state-specific jeans and t-shirts made from sustainable, traceable-to-the-farm cotton from five [...]
- Vietnam cotton imports lower by 18.3%... — In July 2019, Vietnam imported 133.2kt of cotton, down 18.3% year on year and 7.1% month on month. In the first seven months of 2019, cotton imports totaled 942.7kt, a fall of 5.8% from the same period of last year. According to current growth rate, imports may amount to 1.48 million tons in the whole [...]